How to create a flag in Canva?
What is Canva?
Consisting of more than 800,000 templates by September 2021 and keeping adding new, Canva has no doubt been the best platform for people want to make a nice design in a short time even with little design experiences. We strongly recommend our customers to give a try on their platform. The most important thing is that you will get inspired from their existing templates and learn how to present your business in a smarter way to your customers. Yes, it's all free.
How to use Canva to create a flag?
We have already uploaded our teardrop flag templates, feather flag templates and 6'x3' flagpole flag template to Canva, for free to use. Click one of the follow links and it will lead you to the door.
- Click to use our Canva template to design small teardrop flags
- Click to use our Canva template to design large teardrop flags
- Click to use our Canva template to design small feather flags
- Click to use our Canva template to design large feather flags
- Click to use our Canva template to design standard 6'x3' flagpole flags
You will find the detail instruction in the templates.
7 key points you must know
Here are the summary of the key points from our professional designers:
- Try to use a vector version of your logo for example a pdf, eps, ai, svg etc. Canva only accepts svg files now. You might have to convert your file to svg before uploading. Click here to find a free conversion website.
- High resolution png or jpg files are okay. You might need to remove the background before uploading. Try this amazing tool developed by Adobe.
- Canva uses RGB colours by default. But we can only print cmyk colours. So try not use very bright green or blue colours and you will be fine. No worries. We will match similar colours for you if the colours are not printable.
- You might be distracted by so many different design ideas there. But please remember that the flags/banners are mainly viewed by your customers from a distance. People seldom read very details from a flag/banner. So always use some easy-to-read fonts and make the keywords as large as possible. Please also write down the font names you have used in the design. We might need to do some touching-up for you.
- The templates only contain one right side of the flag. You may add one more page to design the left side. You should completely finish the design on one side first, and then duplicate the page for the other side. Try to use the grouping and the flip functions smartly and you will finish the other side in a couple of minutes.
- Due to the size limitation on Canva, we have to reduce some of our Canva templates to meet their requirements: the small teardrop flag template (100%), the small feather flag template (97.5%), the large teardrop flag template (66.8%), the large feather flag template (69%) and the flagpole flag template (95%). But no worries, we will enlarge your design to the right size before printing.
- Export your design through Share -> Download -> File type -> PDF print. Do not use the png option. Now you may come back our site and upload your pdf file when ordering.
Any problem with the design?We are always here for helps if you don't have time to complete the design. The teardrop flag and feather flag design service starts as low as $19+gst.